—Mind Over Matter
Mind over matter
Does it matter to any of us?
Don’t change the subject
I’m heavy on your love
I never ask for good juju but I just applied to a job where you have to dress up and get people to sample booze and that is literally the 2 things I do best in life and it’s part time but really good pay and I can still work the subway job so everyone cross your fingers they give me an interview because I will nail it if they just meet me okay cool thanks.
1. Why is it when someone quits you they feel the need to come back years later realizing they miss you. Course you do fools. Don’t let the door hit cha where I no longer give a shitcha.
2. The flight doctor thinks I have Plantar Fasciitis from the difference in terrain and the kind of physical activity I’m used to. I’m used to being on all fours or running on a treadmill. Everything else is new territory. Oh well it’s not gonna stop what I’m doing. Nothing will.
3. I have orientation for my new job this week and my goal is to wow them so much they offer me a better position before I ever put on a uniform. I know that’s asking a lot. I just need to get through 6 months and then I’m good to go forever.
4. We saw a sign today that said find what you love and let it kill you and Mia said well I guess we know mommy’s gonna die by shoes and that sounds like the best way to go. Ever.
5. My fitness app today said I consumed 16000 calories and I realized I entered that I ate 200 Weight Watchers cheese sticks. Dear God don’t give me any ideas.
6. Part 2 is almost ready. I’m debating how much I want to include because some things I will probably never be ready to write about. The good thing is I’m living part 3 right now and I like where it’s headed.
7. I’m not at all tired but all my shows didn’t record thanks to my cable box being a piece of shit so now I have to find out what happened on my 5 wives because I am obsessed with that show. Don’t ask.
I don’t know either.
I’ll be fine As long as I have my torch.
It’s a rare thing for me to admit I’m happy and blessed because I hate that word but it’s true. It’s taken me moving across the country and losing what I thought was my person to realize I’m my own person.
I’m not perfect by any means but it’s possible for me to be happy with what I have and be grateful for the life I live every morning when I wake up. My kids are beautiful and funny and fuck it so am I. Beauty is more than a look. It’s a mindset. And I finally have it.
Weird. I know. Unfollow at will.